January 30, 2013

Snowfall Card

Have you seen this kind of fun interactive card?  It's called a waterfall card and it was new to me when I found this video by Karen on YouTube.  She has great instructions in the video and you can even download a pdf with the instructions.


I originally was thinking of a valentine or spring theme earlier this week, but today we had snow pretty much all day so that made me change my mind and go with the snowflakes.  I used a Martha Stewart punch (Himalayan Snowflake) for the waterfall snowflakes and two smaller MS punches for the snowflakes on the pull tab (Arctic and Alpine).  I don't know what the punch name is for the one on the pull tab. 
The inside of the card has a pocket which I made with Tim Holtz' On the Edge die, Snow Flurries.  I used my craft knife to make the edge a little more curvy like snow drifts.  I made some tags for the pocket from some leftover Bo Bunny paper (Snowfall).

... and now the waterfall (or in this case... a snowfall)

No comments: