April 14, 2013

April Typewriter Tag

I woke up this morning to a light snow on the ground, freezing rain and all-around unpleasant weather...but determined to THINK SPRING!  I'm working on a big project, but decided to take a little time off to make the April Typewriter tag (after all, it is the middle of the month, so about time, don;t you think?)

Anyway, I broke out every green distress ink pad I had to make the background.  a few drips of water and that part was completed.


The letters were left over from another project.  They were originally white, but that was a little too stark, so I colored them with alcohol inks (Lemonade and Aqua).  The ferns are a K & Company Brenda Walton border sticker to which I added some distress ink.

The flower was also a leftover - from the Exploding Flower Pot.  It had a small brad center that didn't quite work for the flower pot, but was fine for this tag.

And finally I printed out the words for the three tags on the computer and added some coordinated backgrounds and brads.

P.S.  By 11:30 the sun was trying to come out and all the snow and iciness had disappeared.  Yeah!!

No comments: